BASys 2003 is a novel approach towards planning and configuration of installation bus systems. BASys 2003 is designed to support multiple different installation bus systems. Currently, support for KNX/EIB is implemented.
BASys 2003 is written in Java. To access the KNX network, KNXnet/IP Tunnelling is used. Further key features are:
- Platform independent planning and commissioning
- Automation system agnostic architecture
- Integrated approach, includes passive components
- Assisted selection of actuators/sensors according to passive components
- Open, extensible XML based data format
The development status of BASys 2003 is "alpha". It works, but should be considered a prototype. Also note that it comes with NO WARRANTY whatsoever. BASys 2003 is available under a BSD license. It is available for download from SourceForge .
BASys 2003 presentation (English) given at the Konnex Scientific Conference 2003, Kassel.
Entwicklung eines Softwaresystems zur Planung und Inbetriebnahme von Gebäudeautomationssystemen -
Oliver Alt's master thesis, describes the first BASys 2003 version (in German).